These are excerpts from the latest posts to our email listserv. You can subscribe to the listserv by clicking this Link.
- A reminder that our first Community Conversation will be held this evening at 7 pm. A Zoom link is included below. In a Community Conversation, participants share personal concerns and hear from others in the group who have handled similar issues. The basic theme is that there is wisdom in community and healing in being able to talk about the troubles in our lives. Like oysters that take the irritation of […]
- We are excited to announce that the Community Health Working Group of Columbia Resilience will begin holding online Community Conversations (also known as Integrative Community Therapy (ICT) sessions). The first one will be this Thursday, April 15, at 7 pm.The idea of Community Conversations was developed by Dr. Adalberto Barreto in Brazil, based upon the work of educator Paulo Freire. In a structured setting, participants share personal concerns and hear from others […]
- Folks, the Midlands Sierra Club's monthly meeting is next Monday, March 22. The topic is Black Farmers with a special emphasis on regenerative farming. Check the flyer attached at the bottom of this message for the Zoom link. Special announcements begin at 6:45 and the main presentation at 7 pm. […]
- Got it! I intend to join you and am looking forward to it.PamOn Monday, March 8, 2021, Anne Burke wrote:> Please join Columbia Resilience members for Community in Conversation> tonight at 7 pm. This is a structured conversation to build connections> with each other and share stories about living in community. Our topic will> be: What makes Giving and Receiving difficult in our culture? For many,> this issue has become very […]
- Please join Columbia Resilience members for Community in Conversation tonight at 7 pm. This is a structured conversation to build connections with each other and share stories about living in community. Our topic will be: What makes Giving and Receiving difficult in our culture? For many, this issue has become very timely since the pandemic began. You might discuss a time when you needed help, but were reluctant to ask, or […]
We sometimes remember to post events to our google calendar. If you would like to add an event to the calendar please send an email announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org .